Eat Pray Love

View my food journey on Zomato!

What Thy Seek

Friday, September 25, 2009

Tugged Apart...

What is it that keeps lingering to me?
From the dark corners of life I lived long.
What is it that keeps haunting me on?
Bewildered, they keep coming strong.

How is it I still feel the blaze of noon,
While I look up to the setting sun,
How is it I feel this chilled cold
Yet I stand to face the burning gun.

A shot of bullet, a piercing sound
echoes a hole around
through my body bone and flesh,
Yet no blood round my mesh.

The scar still sore,
Yet to heal
But I wondered who did it?
Why these Goosebumps chill up my neck?
of things undone and I still regret.

At last I could see the blood ooze out
Not 'Present' nor 'Future'
My 'Past' revolved around
And I being helpless look around
How do I cling off this hungry hound?

Hollow sounds rechoted within,
And day in and day out,
My vain efforts got bound
Sometimes I could find myself at rest
Just to turn around for another mess.

The soil go soft beneath,
My feet and toes go all numb,
I sow down deeper into land
My past sucks me into the never-ending quicksand!!

But arrogant and ignorant me,
failed to see those smiles around
of not mockery or jeer,
A hand of help lent out.
And all I did was to look away
And follow trails to the smiles of the dead.

And now, I realized my folly,
forgot my worth of being jolly.
Of what I meant for others was first,
Welcomed my present all happy and glory.

I held up my hand
to hold those around
A hug, a push, affection I felt,
Oh. the past still dreads behind,
but I am too loved by 'Present'
Happy and glorified to let it bend....

1 comment:

Incorruptible Vista... said...

brought tears to my eyes... like always... loved it... :)